Seems like a very long time since I sat in front of this screen to hammer out a blog post. The last few months have been very … hectic? Confusing? Emotional? There a lot of adjectives I could use, so I’ll just run through the highs and lows.
- I got headhuntet for my dream job.
- I got out of the Activity Based Working hell that was driving me nuts.
- I got out of the cubicle I always hated.
- I got my own office – big windows and everything!
- I got to see Les Misérables again.
- I got to see Hamilton.
- I had an amazing summer with my son.
- I reconnected with an old friend who turned one of the worst days of my life into one of the best.
- My father’s cancer treatment stopped working and there are no more treatments they can give him (that was the worst day from the section above).
- The heat-wave we experienced made it almost impossible for him to catch his breath on a daily basis.
- Two of my closest friends succumbed to serious stress symptoms and are on sick leave.
I had planned to get back to blogging this summer. I had planned to bake and make desserts and research my next novel. Not one of those things happened.
But now it’s a new school year. It’s Denmark, we go back in August. Every August I feel like it’s a new beginning. All those years in school don’t wash away so easily. While I bask in the joy of my new job, I also want to get back to writing.
I don’t think I can commit to blogging once a day again, but I will try to do at least once or twice a week.